Alberta Pensions Services Corporation (APS) is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and its impact in Alberta, across Canada and throughout the rest of the world.
For the safety of our staff and the members we serve, we have taken the following social distancing precautions until further notice:
- We have closed our administrative building to the public effective March 19, 2020.
- Our member services centre remains open for phone calls during regular hours of operation. We encourage plan members to login to mypensionplan accessible from their plan website. Through this program, members have access to their pension information, can update their personal information, and communicate and share important documents using the secure mailbox.
- All staff who can work from home are working from home.
- We have postponed all in-person education sessions for the immediate future and will offer telephone or video sessions upon request.
APS has an extensive business resilience plan in place that is guiding us as we prepare for and respond to what lies ahead. As per our business resilience plan, a working group has been established, including representatives from critical areas of our operation.
We are committed to:
- Ensuring pensioners continue to receive their monthly payments
- Providing ongoing pension benefit services to plan members
- Providing updates to all stakeholders on critical APS operations
Caring for our staff
At APS, we rely heavily on our people who provide direct services to plan members, pensioners and employers. Healthy staff working in a healthy environment is the first step toward providing quality and timely services to the people we serve.
We have already identified and are supporting critical operational areas by sharing the most up-to-date health and safety practices such as proper handwashing and social distancing, having staff work from home, and educating staff on proper procedures for identifying and reporting potential risk through the proper channels.
Caring for plan clients and their employers, members and pensioners
Our staff take pride in providing quality services to our clients and their members, pensioners and employers. Our goal is that pensioners continue to receive their monthly payments, that members receive timely responses to their inquiries, that employers can continue to remit critical pension data, and that our pension plan clients are kept up-to-date on APS activities.
APS will continue to monitor this dynamic situation and respond accordingly. We are committed to providing timely and accurate updates in the event any of our processes are affected.